Wireless Industry Commitment
Guidelines for Mobile Wireless Device and Accessory Packaging .
The Guidelines for Wireless Device and Accessory Packaging are a set of voluntary best practices developed by CTIA’s Sustainable Packaging Working Group to reduce the amount of packaging produced and waste associated with mobile wireless devices and wireless device accessories, as part of the wireless industry’s continued commitment to environmental stewardship.
The objective of this document is to encourage the industry to take meaningful action toward sustainable packaging through the following best practices:
- Reduce unnecessary packaging material and eliminate single-use plastic
- Avoid constructions that inhibit recycling
- Increase the amount of recycled and certified paper/corrugated materials
- Include proper labeling to educate consumers on how to recycle
- Promote consideration of the environment in the printing process
- Perform due diligence on packaging vendors and sourced materials
The current version of the CTIA Sustainable Guidelines for Wireless Device and Accessory Packaging is available here.