November 24, 2020
America’s Wireless Companies Respond to COVID-19: November 2020 Recap .
The wireless industry continues to be a reliable source of support for schools, essential workers, and communities across the country by providing those impacted by COVID-19 with the resources they need most. Here are some of the ways wireless companies lent a virtual hand throughout November:
- AT&T is broadening its tools and resources for schools by committing an additional $10 million to provide free devices and services to America’s most vulnerable students who are disconnected from learning due to COVID-19.
- T-Mobile increased its effort to keep students connected with a newly announced Project 10Million partnership in Florida, bringing connectivity to 600,000 low-income families as kids are learning from home due to COVID-19.
- Verizon Innovative Learning is expanding to equip more than three million teachers with free tools for digital education as schools and students across the country shift to or continue learning remotely due to COVID-19. Verizon is also partnering with other companies to launch “A Call for Kindness” and bring recognition to the dedicated people that continue to serve their communities’ needs during the pandemic.
- Qualcomm is promoting its #DigitalGiveBack donation drive to provide students and families with wireless technology and other electronics as students and schools shift to distance learning due to COVID-19.
- Samsung and AT&T unveiled a new mobile device designed and engineered for frontline workers and first responders, equipping these crucial workers with FirstNet wireless services and more as they work tirelessly to save lives during COVID-19.
- Cisco launched new digital solutions aimed at increasing business resiliency and operations for local and national government institutions that are impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Now more than ever, wireless is playing a critical role in keeping us connected to our family and friends, our jobs, our schools and our communities, and we are proud of our members and the industry for their tireless efforts in these trying times. We will continue to share our members’ stories here and on the CTIA website.
Keeping Us Connected Through COVID-19
Learn how the wireless industry is working to keep us connected.