NEW ORLEANS – International CTIA WIRELESS® 2012 today announced the CTIA Emerging Technology (E-Tech) Awards winners in mobile apps, consumer electronics, enterprise and vertical markets and infrastructure. In addition to the 15 awards categories, industry peers voted for their favorite entries online and onsite via text during International CTIA WIRELESS taking place May 8-10, 2012 at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans.
The entry with the most online votes, "Best Online Pick" was awarded to AIRSYS High Efficiency HVAC Wall Pack Unit (WPU), Tempest Telecom Solutions LLC. The "Best in Show" went to Leagues by Leagues LLC, which earned the most onsite text votes.
"Wireless innovation is having a significant impact on our daily lives, and the seventh annual CTIA E-Tech Awards recognize the wide array of mobile products and services that are improving how we live, work and play," said Robert Mesirow, vice president and show director for CTIA. "The E-Tech winners consistently prove the U.S. wireless industry perpetually develops new and improved applications, solutions, hardware and infrastructure. That's why we're the world leader in wireless and so many of the hottest and coolest wireless products and services are launched here first."
Jon Fortt, technology correspondent for CNBC, hosted the awards ceremony on the Exhibit Innovations Stage at Booth 4575 at International CTIA WIRELESS 2012. Online judging for the 15 awards categories was conducted by a panel of media and industry analysts. Nearly 250 entries were judged based on innovation, functionality, technological importance, implementation and overall "wow" factor. Many of the award submissions are on display in the E-Tech Showcase at Booth 4575 during International CTIA WIRELESS 2012, and all the submissions may be viewed at www.ctiashows.com/awards.
The CTIA 2012 E-Tech Awards winners are:
ENTERPRISE & VERTICAL MARKET SOLUTION
- First: FEEDHENRY MOBILE APPLICATION PLATFORM, FeedHenry
- Second: BoxTone Automated Mobile Application Management (MAM), BoxTone
- Third: Appcelerator Titanium Mobile Platform, Appcelerator
Green Telecom & Smart Energy Solutions, Apps & Hardware
- First: Consert Virtual Peak Plant Solution with integrated Novatel Wireless Expedite E396 3G PCIe Card, Novatel Wireless
- Second: Vodacom mobile broadband site running purely on renewable energies, Nokia Siemens Networks
- Third: Nularis LED Energy Auditor, Nularis
Healthcare & Wellness
- First: Valencell V-LINC™, Valencell
- Second: VGo with integrated Novatel Wireless' Expedite® E362 PCI Express Mini Card for 4G/LTE, Novatel Wireless
- Third: AT&T mHealth Solutions presents DiabetesManager®, AT&T and WellDoc
Mobile Marketing & Advertising
- First: Urban Airship, Urban Airship
- Second: Accession Mobile Content Sharing (MCS), Metaswitch Networks
- Third: AT&T Messaging Toolkit, AT&T
Transportation & Fleet
- First: Sonim XP5520 BOLT, Sonim Technologies
- Second: IsatData Pro, SkyWave Mobile Communications
- Third: Public Safety Multi-Media Messaging Solution, Infinite Convergence
In-Building Wireless, Wi-Fi & LAN
- First: Alcatel-Lucent lightRadio Wi-Fi, Alcatel-Lucent
- Second: Huawei AtomCell, Huawei
- Third: Unified User Access Control Software for Virtual Wireless LAN (vWLAN), ADTRAN, Inc.
Wide Area Network
- First: BelAir2100 LTE/3G/Wi-Fi Metrocell, Ericsson
- Second: Nokia Siemens Networks Flexi Zone, Nokia Siemens Networks
- Third: PureWave Quantum LTE, PureWave
Automotive, Safe Driving & Transportation
- First: iOnRoad- Augmented Driving, iOnRoad
- Second: Cobra JoyRide™, Cobra Electronics
- Third: Scosche cellCONTROL, Scosche Industries
Health, Wellness & Fitness
- First: Macaw, U.S. Preventive Medicine, Inc. and Qualcomm Life
- Second: AT&T mHealth Solutions presents DiabetesManager®, AT&T and WellDoc
- Third: Lifecomm Mobile Personal Emergency Response System, Lifecomm
Mobile Commerce, Shopping & Rewards
- First: Geode by iCache, iCache
- Second: Eyeona, Eyeona
- Third: Neustar Intelligent Cloud, Neustar
Productivity, Utility & Public Safety
- First: Scout, Telenav
- Second: iMap Weather Radio, Weather Decision Technologies
- Third: CounterPath Bria iPad Edition mobile softphone, CounterPath
Social, Content, Media & Entertainment
- First: Aha Radio 2.0, Harman International
- Second: AT&T U-verse Enabled Apps, AT&T
- Third: Doro Experience®, Doro
MOBILE CONSUMER ELECTRONICS
- First: Geode by iCache, iCache
- Second: Band, TYLT
- Third: BURY EasyTouch Pro CV9000, Point to Point Technology USA Inc.
Smartphones & Handsets
- First: DROID RAZR MAXX by Motorola, Motorola Mobility
- Second: Samsung Galaxy Note™, Samsung Telecommunications America
- Third: Galaxy Nexus by Samsung (Sprint), Samsung Telecommunications America
Tablets, Netbooks & Embedded Wireless Devices
- First: ARD400-W 3G Dosimeter, AnyDATA Corporation
- Second: Amber Alert GPS V3 Connected by AT&T, AT&T Emerging Enterprises & Partnerships
- Third: PlayStation® Vita 3G/Wi-Fi Connected by AT&T, AT&T Emerging Enterprises & Partnerships
To learn more about what's happening at International CTIA WIRELESS 2012, visit www.ctiawireless.com.
Follow CTIA Shows:
Twitter: www.ctiashows.com/twitter (#CTIAW12)
About CTIA Shows
CTIA Shows bring together all industries advanced by wireless technology for intense business, learning and networking. International CTIA WIRELESS® is taking place May 8-10, 2012 at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans, La. CTIA ENTERPRISE & APPLICATIONS™ takes place Oct. 9-11, 2012 at the San Diego Convention Center in San Diego, Calif. Visit www.ctiashows.com.
CTIA-The Wireless Association® (www.ctia.org) is an international organization representing the wireless communications industry. Membership in the association includes wireless carriers and their suppliers, as well as providers and manufacturers of wireless data services and products. CTIA advocates on behalf of its members at all levels of government. The association also coordinates the industry’s voluntary best practices and initiatives, and sponsors the industry’s leading wireless tradeshows. CTIA was founded in 1984 and is based in Washington, D.C.