CTIA-The Wireless Association® offers membership to companies and organizations associated with the wireless industry. Since the wireless industry is so broad our membership is broken down into three categories. These membership categories are based upon the sector of the wireless industry your company or organization is involved with. Benefits and dues are dependent upon which type of membership you hold. Below we offer further information on each membership category and the benefits associated with it.
Are businesses or organizations that hold a license or construction permit from the FCC or other North American regulatory bodies to offer commercial mobile services. The benefits of being a carrier member range the gamut from public policy representation, participation in business forums and wireless career finder assistance and much more.
Are companies or organizations that provide services or equipment to the commercial mobile radio services industry as well as companies that provide wireless Internet-related products and services or engage in wireless Internet business activities. The benefits of being a supplier member range the gamut from participation in technology programs, access to the most current market research, increased media exposure as well as much more.
Associate members are those companies or organizations that provide wireless service beyond North America or are consultants, resellers, academia, law firms, engineers, etc, working with the wireless industry. The benefits of being an associate member range the gamut from being sent the latest industry news on a daily basis, discounts at our trade shows and much more.
Carrier members are those companies or organizations within the wireless community that hold a license or construction permit from the FCC or other North American regulatory body to offer commercial mobile services.
Membership dues are based on the company or organization’s revenue in North America multiplied by a revenue dues multiplier.
Members of CTIA are rewarded with numerous benefits. Please find below a brief explanation of these broken down by category.
- Business Forums - Providing Avenues for Industry Education
- Opportunities to participate in critical issues forums that keep you informed about emerging issues in public policy and industry developments.
- Opportunities to participate in the Regional Operators Caucus to raise the visibility of issues that are important to smaller businesses.
- CTIA Shows - Providing the premier marketplaces for buyers and sellers
- At Super Mobility Week, there is a $10 member discount per square foot for CTIA 2014 space, but no member discount for MobileCON 2014 space.
- Members can save up to $309 depending on the pass type they select (full savings range is $30-$309).
- Industry News - Keeping members informed about the rapidly changing wireless industry
- Subscription to our free, daily e-newsletter, CTIA SmartBrief. It contains summaries of the day's most relevant stories handpicked from hundreds of sources so that you are always up-to-date on the most pertinent information. Ability to post your company’s press releases for free to our site, providing you with exposure to our website's visitors.
- Access to videos, PSAs, brochures, bill stuffers and mailers for company use on a variety of issues relevant to the wireless industry.
- Subscription to our Quarterly Member Connections e-Newsletter.
- Market Research - Measuring trends for tracking market opportunities
- Discounts on all products sold within the CTIA Research eStore. These include:
- CTIA Wireless Industry Indices Report, which features a comprehensive in-depth analysis of the Annual Wireless Survey results and provides benchmarks for industry performance and productivity.
- Wireless Industry Break-Out Reports, based upon CTIA’s Annual Wireless Survey, which provides industry-wide information drawn from operational wireless service providers, allowing you to better understand the trends that drive your business.
- Publications, research reports, maps and training kits produced by reputable non-CTIA researchers.
- Media Exposure - Promoting wireless products and services to consumers, regulators and legislators.
- Added exposure of products and services at CTIA Shows where CTIA’s Guided Tours for Policymakers acquaint officials and their staff with industry technologies and services.
- Opportunities to participate in shaping voluntary initiatives organized by CTIA to advance the industry’s best image (e.g. sustainability program, Wireless Emergency Alerts, Safe Driving and the industry's image advertising campaigns).
- Access to CTIA’s Public Affairs professionals who can provide online social media and public affairs assistance to help promote your best efforts before international, national and local media.
- Public Policy Representation - Facilitating rational policy development and light touch regulation
- Education of and outreach to federal and state lawmakers and regulators by an association recognized as the voice of the wireless industry.
- Representation on issues affecting growth of the industry before policymakers in the Executive Branch, the Federal Communications Commission, Federal Trade Commission, Department of Homeland Security, Department of Commerce National Telecommunications and Information Administration, Congress, the states and the courts to protect your business from cost inefficient mandates and other restrictions to marketplace growth. CTIA fights to shape the best possible legislation and regulation for the wireless industry.
- Timely access to an extended staff of skilled policy specialists (many former Congressional, federal and state government agency staffers) whose decades of collective experience will provide insights about how to influence legislation and regulations that impact your products and services, saving you countless dollars of research and consulting fees.
- Unlimited complimentary subscriptions to timely information alerts and summaries about breaking federal and state regulations, legislation and case law so you will not be blindsided by policy developments. “Targeted Information” mailings are sent via e-mail. All members registered in our information service are notified of forums where policy is hammered out for recommendation to CTIA’s Board of Directors.
- Participation rights for key company personnel on Weekly CTIA Conference Calls for critical updates and guidance on legislative and regulatory actions that threaten your bottom line. Use these forums to identify issues that affect your company’s products and services.
- Opportunities to participate in critical Working Groups in which initiatives are coordinated to protect wireless industry interests on the federal and state government battlegrounds.
- Access to legal resources that monitor, report on and file appeals before courts on major issues that could affect your bottom line. Our legal specialists provide an industry perspective to protect the wireless industry and assure its ability to grow, often eliminating the need for company- specific filings and demonstrating the national importance of the legal challenge.
- Representation on federal advisory committees through CTIA’s subject matter experts that are members of these committees and who are aggressive advocates for the wireless industry (ex: National Numbering Council, USAC, CAC). Summaries of key administrative and court decisions and what they mean for wireless products and services.
- Technology Programs - Supporting development of new products and services
- Opportunities to participate in efforts that build markets for new products and services (e.g. SMS, MMS, etc.) and that provide new revenue streams. Receive recognition and visibility when CTIA announces new initiatives.
- Access to interoperability guidelines and best practices, where available.
- Opportunities to participate in Working Groups of CTIA’s acclaimed Mobile Device Certification Program. Participants determine new program tests and criteria for best practices.
- Opportunity to become a member of our Wireless Internet Caucus (WIC) where you can
join the forum of professionals representing the value chain in the wireless industry, and
work with them on the issues most prevalent to their businesses to create one common
- Wireless Careers – Helping your company find the best talent in the wireless industry.
- 20% discount for employer job postings on the online CareerSite service.
- 10% discount on executive and senior employment searches hosted by CTIA partner
- Additional Benefits: